WinX DVD Author is a great little tool that helps you make DVDs, even if you do not have any previous technical expertise. The program is incredibly easy to use, especially with the simple user-interface. In the main window, you can immediately choose what you want WinX DVD Author to do. You can choose from authoring a DVD, convert a video to VOB format, use the VOB to DVD compiler, and make use of the DVD burner. By far the most interesting and popular function of WinX DVD Author is the author a DVD option, because it lets you easily create your own DVD.
Using WinX DVD Author is a simple process. You first need to use the available buttons to import and shuffle around your video files, and put them in any order you want. There is also the ability to edit the start and end points of each of the files by using the preview window and the available slide control. Then you have to choose either standard or widescreen format. You can add a simple menu, choose a background image, and even additional music if you want. And that’s it! The last step is to actually do the conversion, which WinX DVD Author takes care of.
As you can see, WinX DVD Author is incredibly simple, and is perfect for basic DVD creation. Although there are not any extra editing or sound functions, if you just need to make some DVDs, you are in good hands.
Some of the features of WinX DVD Author include:
- Supports almost all video formats, including AVI to DVD, MP4 to DVD, MKV to DVD, 3GP, FLV, MPEG, H.264, DivX, Xvid, and WMV to DVD
- Option to download online YouTube videos
- Supports batch conversions
- Supports all types of burner devices that are currently on the market today
- Ability to add background pictures and music
- Easily create DVD subtitles
- Burn your video and save as VOB files or DVD folder on the hard disk