One of the most popular compression programs is WinRAR. It is a software application capable of compressing and expanding files in various formats, especially the RAR format, which is slower than the ZIP format that offers a higher compression ratio and large data redundancy.
WinRAR is a tool capable of working with all kinds of essential files, including ZIP, JAR, 7Z, Z, LZH, and ACE, among many others. With this program you will be able to easily create and expand RAR files. Its highly functional and user friendly interface make it easy for even the most novice user to compress multiple files into a single archive, even including a wizard for extra help if needed.
- Compress and expand RAR format files.
- Compatible with a variety of other compression formats like ZIP, CAB, ARJ, TAR, JAR, ISO, 7z, BZ2, and many more.
- WinRAR has support for security attributes and data flows in NTFS files.
- Protect compressed files with a password and digital file signatures. Block the files to avoid manipulation or eliminate sensitive data more securely. WinRAR is optimized in security material.
- Handle large sized files.
- Easy to use. Includes an assistant, known as Wizard mode, to instantly check the basic functions of the program.
- Create auto-executable and multivolume files.
- Always handy.
An essential tool for all PC users
Once WinRAR is installed on your PC you will be able to start to use its functions with ease. Among its many characteristics you will find that it completely integrates into the Windows contextual menu. You just have to click the file with the right mouse button to be able to view the available options.
Another feature included is the ability to check for corrupt files. If the compressed file with which you have to work happens to contain any kind of error, WinRAR will notify you.
There is a group of applications that are essential on any computer, and WinRAR has to be included among them. Download WinRAR for free to begin to work with compressed files in RAR format.