VMware Player is a virtualization software package supplied free of charge by VMware, Inc, and is the best way to run a virtual machine on your computer. Instead of buying and shipping hardware, VMware Player allows you to deliver a managed desktop to all of your employees, students, contractors, partners, or customers. This application also lets you run multiple operating systems on one computer, including all Linux systems, Windows systems, Sun Solaris, Novell NetWare, and even OS X.
The program is very simple and intuitive, with a wizard design that walks you through each step of the virtual machine creation process. Available for personal non-commercial use, there is even a highly active online community to help with discussing and resolving any issues that may arise.
Some of the outstanding features of VMware Player:
- Option to run multiple operating systems simultaneously on one computer
- Preconfigured products available without any installation or configuration hassles
- Share data between a host computer and a virtual machine
- Run 32 and 64 bit virtual machines
- 2-way virtual SMP available
- Excellent operating system support
- Support for USB 2.0 devices
- Easy and intuitive home page interface
- Automatic detection of all hardware on the computer, including sound cards, video cards, and network cards