Having a digital SLR has a number of benefits, one of them being having access to programs that can assist you in your photography ventures. Nikon Camera Control Pro is a really great application that is very useful. It allows you to remotely control most functions of the Nikon digital SLRs directly from a computer that is connected via a USB cable or through a wired or wireless LAN. It thus enables you to remotely use all the advanced functions of the latest D3 and D300 camera models, like the viewer for previewing shots, as well as selecting images before you have to transfer them to your computer.
And as you can imagine, Nikon Camera Control Pro is fully integrated with Nikon’s photo finishing software named Capture NX for even easier photo manipulation and access. With the application you have the ability to control a huge number of available camera settings, including the exposure mode, shutter speed, and aperture. The only problem that some users have reported is that Nikon Camera Control Pro does not update itself automatically. But this really is not a huge issue, because all you have to do is occasionally manually download and reinstall the new versions as they are released.
So if you have a Nikon digital SLR, it would greatly behoove you to at the very least take a look at Nikon Camera Control Pro. Having the additional ability of controlling your camera from you computer opens up a huge new array of photography options that every amateur and professional would love to get the most out of.
Some of the key features of Nikon Camera Control Pro include:
- Picture Control Unity. In certain Nikon digital SLRs customized image adjustment can be saved to tailor the camera’s behavior to the photographer’s vision.
- Compatible with wifi operation, yet still supports USB connections.
- Compatible with Nikon’s Image Authentication Function
- LiveView support, for live previews directly from the camera
- New and improved graphic user interface for easier functionality