Simple media player with basic codecs
MPCStar is an audio and video file player that supports all of the most popular file formats available.
The program was developed to rely on open source material, updating their codecs as it gains new code, making it a dream for programmers.
Worried about the advertisements? Don’t be. MPCStar blocks pop up advertisements, even the ones embedded in film.
That being said, there is a downside to the software. MPCStar is light on the resources because it’s selective about its codecs, meaning that there are some codecs it does not support, and thus some files it cannot play.
Most recent changes made to MPCStar
- Bug fixes with cursor and file jumping
- Keep pitch option added to playback speed
- New default keyboard shortcuts
- Easy to use
- Pop up blocker included
- Works well, light on computer resources
- Limited features
- No automatic updates, manual required