Surfer is a powerful yet user-friendly 3D surface mapping and contouring program that allows you to transform your mapping information into colorful vector maps, images, posts, wireframes, contours, and surfaces. It also gives you the option to work with irregular space XYZ data. With Surfer, data importation is easy, and you will quickly have a publication-quality map.
Surfer is normally used for landscape virtualization, contouring, terrain modeling, surface analysis, gridding, and 2D map generation, among other tasks. It is used by a wide variety of professionals, including geologists, engineers, hydrologists, architects, and landscape engineers. With this software you have access to more than 10 gridding techniques, and you can convert irregularities in spaced XYZ into a uniform grid by Kriging with variograms. Other interesting features available include options to interactively measure area and distance, automated profiles, and the option to add labels, as well as edit or export them.
With Surfer, maps can be obtained quickly and easily, with the added advantage of having the option to combine map types or adding base maps. There are also high-powered customizing options, so you can create the exact map you are hoping for. In case of a problem, Surfer offers free technical support, as well as a user guide.
Here are some of the many features available with Surfer:
- Interpolation Engine to transform XYZ information into maps
- Multiple gridding methods available, and control over the gridding parameters are improved
- Customizable variograms
- ESRI grid files and USGS DEM files supported
- Option to display your grids in several ways: 3D surface, 3D wireframe, contour, vector, watershed, post maps, and shaded relief
- Ability to combine multiple map types
- Highly customizable map options