Calcute is a free calculator application that can process non-trivial numeric expressions that supports logarithmic, trigonometric, and hyperbolic functions. But unlike most other calculation apps where the numbers disappear as soon as you start typing the next one, Calcute lets you enter a complete expression as if you were using a regular text editor. This allows you to review and edit your calculation as needed, until you are satisfied with it in its entirety.
Once you have completed the expression, just hit Enter to get the answer. Even from here, you are able to go back and make corrections, then recalculate the whole thing. Display-wise you have a few options when using Calcute. The calculator pad can remain hidden or be shown, whichever is your preference. You can also either use your mouse to click on the number buttons, or use your keypad. The display area can be stretched to any size, so regardless of the length of your calculations, you can always review what you have previously done.
And probably the best feature of Calcute is that you can easily retain your work by saving everything to a file that you can look at later. But even if you do not need to do a lot of complex calculating, Calcute is a really great little tool for even the most basic math equations. It is free, so you have no excuse not to try it out today!
Some of the features of Calcute include:
- You can enter rational values or decimal approximations
- Option to work in binary, octal, and hexadecimal number bases, with both integers and fractional numbers
- Calcute can change in size, big or small, to fit your work into the space
- Support for work annotation by holding Control+Enter
- Option to save your work as a text file
- Multiple font and button-size choices
- Ability to change the default hotkeys to whatever you want