DirectX is a group of technologies developed by Microsoft to provide the best quality performance of different applications and multimedia elements for Windows computers. It is absolutely necessary if you want to enjoy the best possible video, audio, 3D animation, and full-color graphics in your video games and other apps.
Microsoft is definitely aware of the perpetually increasing market for video games and the demand for faster and better quality platforms to play them on. This is precisely why it has been offering DirectX to its users for some time now. The software is loaded with APIs that make it easier for both developers and game designers to launch programs containing large amounts of multimedia contents.
With the latest version of DirectX it is possible to connect and correlate the different components of your PC that make viewing graphics, animations and audio possible, a technology that is only accessible for software using the DirectX API.
- DirectSetup: installs the components of DirectX.
- DirectShow: plays audio and video with net transparency.
- DirectInput: processes keyboard, mouse, gamepad and other controller data.
- Direct 3D: deals with 3D graphics.
- Direct Graphics: 2D image drawing tool that is also capable of creating 3D images.
- DirectPlay: makes network communications a lot easier.
- DirectSound: plays and records sound.
- DirectMusic: plays audio tracks created with DirectMusic Producer.
Avoid problems and errors on your PC when you want to play. If you are an avid gamer or a game developer, you should download DirectX for free on Windows XP or any other compatible Windows operating system. It contains all of the essential tools to launch your own video games and enjoy the maximum quality effects of your multimedia content.